Oguntoye is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as a Communications and Advocacy Strategist.
This is a unique role for a candidate with an entrepreneurial mindset, the ability to build something new, political acumen, and communications skills. You will be a key part of the team building an integrated communications operation that expands on law activities in the country, continent, and worldwide.
This role will place you at the center of crafting overall communications strategies, You will generate ideas, launch and execute projects, design systems, develop and deliver engaging content, cultivate relationships with key reporters and other influencers, write in different formats and create content (including digital content), and turn your ideas into real impact in the world.
You must be an excellent writer and verbal communicator, and you must understand law, politics and policy. You must also be able to bring yourself up to speed very quickly on the substance of the work as necessary.
The ideal candidate will also be a law graduate and be practicing also.
- Developing creative content, strategies that be deployed on our website, and social media pages.
- Thinking outside the box about how strategic communications can drive change in this digital world.
- Launching and leading communications projects from conception to completion;
- Turning ideas into front page/trending news;
- Identifying opportunities in the news cycle to quickly move our services and vision.
- Cultivating relationships with reporters, producers, bloggers, influencers, and other media stakeholders;
- Producing press releases, press notes, blog posts, talking points, op-eds, tweets, and other media content and assets.
- Serving as a project lead in digital communications, and supporting other project leads including advocates and lawyers;
- Basic knowledge of WordPress Backend and managing social media pages and digital adverts.
We welcome your interest in our firm. For immediate consideration for an open position, please submit your resume and cover letter, to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. If your qualifications match IE’s needs, a recruiter will contact you. Job listings will be removed as soon as the position is filled. We do not encourage unsolicited resumes.